Thursday 26 May 2011

I got a highly commended on the John Murray Poetry comp

Well, I am very pleased with myself this morning. I tuned in to listen to the results of the poetry competition, hoping that someone I knew might have done well. They read out about four or five poems, including the category winners and a sample of commended poems. Imagine my utter delight when the judge read out my poem Aisling and commented on it. The standard of entries was so high, it was a compliment to be included.
What completely impressed me was the standard of the junior and senior school entries - there's a lot right with our country when our youth has such a passionate and literate voice.

If you visit http://www.rte.ie/radio1/thejohnmurrayshow/ by tomorrow there should be a podcast to listen to of today's show. My poem "Aisling" is read just before the overall Adult winner is announced.

1.
2.

No comments: